What jobs should I be seeking with these courses?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Boltzman Oscillation
Messages
233
Reaction score
26
I'm an undergraduate EE student, the last few semesters I have been taking courses in telecommunications. I took an introduction to telecommunications course, a course on data communications, and a course on digital communications. I have not taken a course on wireless communications and will not due to this being my final semester. I also have the usual EE courses such as electronics, analog circuits, embedded systems, etc. What careers are open to me with courses such as these? What jobs should I search for. Anytime I look for telecommunications jobs I see requirements that network engineers would have such as cisco.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have any EE related work experience so far? Have you done any projects outside of class (built projects or written programs for your own use)?
 
berkeman said:
Do you have any EE related work experience so far? Have you done any projects outside of class (built projects or written programs for your own use)?
No, I tried designing an AM radio but school got in the way and so did learning other things like VHDL, machine learning on python, and mysql for databasing. I also don't have the oscilloscope and signal supply to test it out. I was trying to learn how to program fpgas in the hope that there would be some projects I could do with that but I've yet to do that.
 
Does your university have a career assistance office? I remember that in undergrad, my university (UC Davis) had a pretty helpful career assistance center. They would be able to tell you what EE companies are looking for new graduates who do not have much experience yet.