Self-disproportionation of N-acetyl-dl-phenylalanine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maniek
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Maniek
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
HI!
I need information on the self-disproportionation of N-acetyl-dl-phenylalanine on achiral - phase chromatography columns . I am looking for publications in which is described the change of optical purity e.e?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I can't find anything with a cursory glance over the literature specifically for N-acetylphenylalanine. There may be a few reasons for this. It's my understanding that 1) you have to have some enantiomeric excess to begin with, and 2) the effect depends strongly on how different functional groups affect aggregation of the molecules in solution. So if you just start with pure N-acetyl-DL-phenylalanine (a racemic mixture), you presumably won't get any effect. But it might also be the case that even for a non-racemic mixture of N-acetylphenylalanine, the individual molecules simply don't aggregate properly to see a strong effect. Here's a review article:

http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2012/CS/C2CS35006H#!divAbstract