Sequence what is the formula? 2 0 2 0 3 3 2 4

In summary, the conversation is about finding the pattern and formula for a sequence of numbers, and then using it to determine the value of a letter in the alphabet. The hint given is to look for a common physical characteristic among the letters with the same value. The possible answers are P and Q, with some discussion about the lowercase letter h.
Jackiexoxoxo
I am stumped! What numbers follow this sequence what what is the formula??
2 0 2 0 3 3 2 4
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org

check here by inputting the digits you already have. If it's in the database, it will find it.

http://oeis.org/

Thank you! It wasn't there. Perhaps I am not thinking outside the box. I'd like to share:

A = 2, B = 0, C = 2, D = 0, E = 3, F = 3, G = 2 and H = 4. Given this pattern, what's the only letter in the alphabet that has a value of "1".

Hint: Look at the letters that have the same values. Try to find a common physical characteristic.

Jackiexoxoxo said:
Thank you! It wasn't there. Perhaps I am not thinking outside the box. I'd like to share:

A = 2, B = 0, C = 2, D = 0, E = 3, F = 3, G = 2 and H = 4. Given this pattern, what's the only letter in the alphabet that has a value of "1".

P But Q also qualifies depending upon how it is printed. Sometimes Q has an inward extending limb in which case it would be a 2. I believe we are only considering the capital letters. Lower case h is only a 3.

Last edited:

Petek said:
Hint: Look at the letters that have the same values. Try to find a common physical characteristic.

Thank you Petek! I'll track you down next time I need a hint :) Have a great day!

ramsey2879 said:
P But Q also qualifies depending upon how it is printed. Sometimes Q has an inward extending limb in which case it would be a 2. I believe we are only considering the capital letters. Lower case h is only a 3.

Thank you Ramsey. I had just figured it out with the previous hint :)

1. What does the given sequence represent?

The given sequence represents a series of numbers in a specific order, starting with 2 and ending with 4.

2. What is the formula for this sequence?

The formula for this sequence is n = n-1 + 1, where n represents the position of the number in the sequence. So for example, in position 1, the number is 2, in position 2, the number is 2+1=3, and so on.

3. How many numbers are in this sequence?

There are 8 numbers in this sequence.

4. What is the pattern in this sequence?

The pattern in this sequence is that each number is 1 more than the previous number, starting with 2 and ending with 4.

5. How can this sequence be extended or continued?

This sequence can be extended or continued by following the same formula and adding 1 to the last number. So the next numbers in the sequence would be 5, 6, 7, and so on.