Serious problems with their gender

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I don't really care one way or the other. If someone asks, I tell them. It's a little irritating when they decide not to believe me, because Heaven knows women don't know math or science or ever use the Internet, but it's low on my list of things to worry about.
Tide said:
Any of the 50 sea nymph daughters of sea god Nereus?

It figures a guy named "Tide" would know that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Naturally - LoL! :)

Never looked at it that way. I always figured that he's an expert on washing machines.

loseyourname said:
Or if we had custom titles.
I miss the old "wave" titles - microwave, visible light wave, and so on. PF had those when I first started.

Math Is Hard said:
..microwave, visible light wave, and so on..

Haha, that's so corny. Thank God that's gone.

Nereid said:
Doesn't always work (remind me, who is, or was, Nereid?)
The person who was in charge of General Astronomy & Cosmology forum for a while.:tongue: Don't worry, I get what you mean.

Someone said you're a she, but from what you're saying you must be a he!:confused:

Lisa! said:
Someone said you're a she, but from what you're saying you must be a he!:confused:
Just the opposite, count the number of times Nereid has been referred to as 'he', until I (or someone else) pointed out the origin of the name:
Any of the 50 sea nymph daughters of sea god Nereus
The name is unambiguous, many people said 'he'; maybe people just didn't know?
Anyway, it's all ancient history now. But here's the rest of what Diane_ said (my bold):
and people still sometimes don't get it. I don't really care one way or the other. If someone asks, I tell them. It's a little irritating when they decide not to believe me, because Heaven knows women don't know math or science or ever use the Internet, but it's low on my list of things to worry about.
And Nereid was never 'in charge' of GA&C (it's been Phobos and Janus from Day 1). :tongue:

Nereid said:
Just the opposite, count the number of times Nereid has been referred to as 'he', until I (or someone else) pointed out the origin of the name:The name is unambiguous, many people said 'he'; maybe people just didn't know?
Anyway that's a great UN::smile:

1. 1 of the daughters of Nereus.
2. 1 of the satellites of Neptune. (Astronomy:wink:)

And Nereid was never 'in charge' of GA&C (it's been Phobos and Janus from Day 1). :tongue:
Oops, How sure I was!:blushing:

Lisa! said:
Some people are both, Lisa. (actually if you want to be politically correct, some people are neither)

I didn'tknow Lisa! was capable of creating such a crappy thrread that it gets moved to GD! :eek:

Actually, I think it was the direction we took the thread in after she created it. Off-topic R Us.

Hah! Looks like we sucked Diane into GD! :tongue2: :approve:

get the net!

Evo said:
muuuwahahhahaha! Welcome to the Hotel California, Diane. :devil: :approve:

I understand checkout time is different from departure time?

Uhm, checkout? :uhh:

there is no checkout :devil:

Nereid said:
Just the opposite, count the number of times Nereid has been referred to as 'he', until I (or someone else) pointed out the origin of the name:

I know. I mean really, if you were a male Super Mentor then why would Nereus have named his daughters after you? I mean think about it, people.

Last edited:
Evo said:
:rofl: Yep, that's how we do it. We set the traps out in Feedback, and when we catch a good one, we move the thread to GD and you'll never escape again! :devil: :rofl:

nereid said:
Just the opposite, count the number of times Nereid has been referred to as 'he',

Hi Nereid, Yes, I know, several times. I'm really delighted to see you back again BTW, we must talk Venus sometimes. As of gender, I have observed major discussion accidents when the gender of the opposing party was unclear/unkwown, which hints to choosing clear aliasses.

i am a man and proud of it!