Seventh Alexander Friedmann International Seminar On Gravitation And Cosmology

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
ccdantas
Messages
341
Reaction score
0
Here is the homepage of the event -- to be held from Jun 19 to Jul 05 2008, in João Pessoa, Brazil:

http://www.fisica.ufpb.br/eventos/friedmann2008/friedmann2008new2.htm

http://www.fisica.ufpb.br/eventos/friedmann2008/friedmann2008new2_arquivos/page0016.htm" are the current scheduled talks.

Christine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ccdantas said:
Here is the homepage of the event -- to be held from Jun 19 to Jul 05 2008, in João Pessoa, Brazil:

http://www.fisica.ufpb.br/eventos/friedmann2008/friedmann2008new2.htm

http://www.fisica.ufpb.br/eventos/friedmann2008/friedmann2008new2_arquivos/page0016.htm" are the current scheduled talks.

Christine

Thanks for flagging this, Christine. I didn't know about it. Several details struck me as interesting. They have already done a good bit of organizing even though it is still several months away: the list of participants and the talks they plan to give is already long. Also the seminar will continue over more than two weeks.
The last week overlaps with the Nottingham QG2 conference (whose organizers include John Baez, Carlo Rovelli, Lee Smolin, John Barrett). It seems like this always happens with these summer conferences, there are too few weeks in the summer. Last year Loops '07 overlapped with Strings '07. But I suspect that the schedule conflict does not matter, since the Friedmann Seminar has a 15 day duration.

I found a summary of the topics to be discussed here:
http://www.fisica.ufpb.br/eventos/friedmann2008/friedmann2008new2_arquivos/page0002.htm

==============================

Your post prompted me to check out Hyperspace
http://www.maths.qmul.ac.uk/hyperspace/conference/index.html
which I often forget to do regularly, and I came across something else I hadn't known about. Something starting just ten days from now:
http://www.maths.qmul.ac.uk/hyperspace/conference/08Feb.7.html

ESF science meeting Quantum Gravity: Loops and Foams
3.3-8.3. 2008
Zakopane, Poland

on Loop Quantum Gravity and Spin Foam models. The
workshop is by invitation only, further information
can be obtained via

H Sahlmann <h.sahlmann@phys.uu.nl>
J Lewandowski <Jerzy.Lewandowski@fuw.edu.pl>
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~sahlmann/
 
Last edited by a moderator: