1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I apply for this Scholarship?

1. Dec 29, 2015 #1
    I am considered a female majoring in the STEM field (Information Technology) and there is a scholarship being offered at the college I attend for females pursuing an engineering major. Now I met the gender and academic standing requirement but I am not specifically an ENGINEERING major. I figured since IT is the technology component of STEM, I am still a possible candidate to be awarded the funds in order to attend University in the Spring at an economically efficient rate. Should I realistically apply for this scholarship?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2015 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You should talk to someone in the financial aid office at your college and ask them if you qualify for this scholarship, given your current major. The officials at your school are going to be better qualified than anyone to make this decision in your case.

Good Luck!

4. Dec 29, 2015 #3

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure how engineering (if it says explicitly engineering fields) and "STEM" as a whole are related, so I wouldn't be surprised if the school officials told you no. However, SteamKing is right, you should at least inquire about it to the officials at the school offering the scholarship.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook