Should I Pursue a Master's in EE with a Background in Microbiology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
abe1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I would like to get my Masters in EE, but I would just like to make sure that I can get a job in the field with a bachelors in...microbiology. Or would employers think of this as a deficit, preferring to see a solid foundation with a BS in EE instead?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you think you can handle a masters in EE? Do you have all the prerequisite knowledge?
Why do you think a masters program will accept you?
 
I understand that the masters program is rigorous and know that I will have to take 1.5 years' worth of prerequisites. Will they accept me? I don't know.

But, even with my current degree, would it be better for me to take the prerequisites and get a masters rather than to get a 2nd bachelors?
 
I think it is better for you to go for a bachelor's degree because, in order to work in some states/provinces, you need to have a bachelor's degree