Should I Pursue a Minor? Experiences of a Non-Traditional Student

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter MEM33
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
MEM33
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I am currently a pre-junior mechanical engineering major at Drexel University(non-traditional student). Somehow I am doing extremely well in the program GPA 3.9. Long story, but this is my second bachelors I am working on. Due to my poor decision making the first time around I find myself a little indecisive making decisions. Due to my age(33) I have been taking course overloads a couple of quarters (21 credits), but somehow doing well. If I want to graduate on time I will need to do a couple more course overloads.. Just looking for peoples experiences with minors...are they worth it? Should I not kill myself to get one?

Thanks,
Mem33
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you're doing it for a resume boost then no. I did a minor in economics out of pure interest and enjoyed it thoroughly. Almost went to grad school for it too.