Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple autonomous lawn mower control system

1. Nov 6, 2011 #1
    hello friends..i really need some help on my project, i am going to design a control system for a lawn mower..this mower must be able to move by itself using PIC as the brain,can avoid obstacle,move along path created on the field..what details component must i buy aand how to assemble this components to form a hardware for the system..i'm a student of pure mechanical engineering and i just learn a little bit about this in class..please buddyz..:(

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2011 #2
    Time to form a team. You have just entered the realm of the "super project."
    A super project is, in part, characterized by requiring technologies that you currently don't have under your control (i.e. drive train, motor controls, avoidance sensors, control systems, servo mechanism algorithms, and a guidance system).

Just like any product is one screw away from not being able to ship, any project is one technology away from not being realizable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook