Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe?

• Thread starter IronBrain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electrical
In summary, the conversation was about finding the power and energy used in a given function using conversion equations. The person was having trouble finding the power due to a missing unknown factor and was seeking clarification on the question they were asking. They were advised to be more specific and provide more information in order for others to understand and answer their question.
IronBrain

Homework Statement

I had posted another thread a week ago where I was given a function q(t) that t was defined in millisecond, and I had to evaluate q(t) at 0 and infinity then I had to do the same thing when I found the current I(t) in Coulombs/ms, Now i have do the same further more by finding P(t)..power...and W(t) watt-second/energy used, I believe

The Attempt at a Solution

By simply converting my equation I(t) to seconds I was able to find the amount of amperes a second, however, to find power there seems to be a missing "X" factor when will help me find the Power, I would need to know at least voltage or watts to figure either one out, Seems I have one unknown here voltage which I don't know where to derive from with just Amperes, not given any electrical resistance because this function is not modelling or was given said diagram

Physics news on Phys.org
Jesus christ, BUMP

I do believe there is a missing unknown, that is needed to solve for power in terms of watts? Can anyone confirm this?

The thread has had a lot of views. The reason no one has answered is because it it really hard to know what you are talking about just from this post.

I looked at the thread you referred back to (note: *I* had to search for it)...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=370136

...and basically you're going to have to be a lot clearer about what question you are asking here. What power are you referring to? If you want to compute the power delivered by a source that is driving this current I(t), you need to know the voltage of that source as a function of time.

1. What is the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe"?

The "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" is a hypothetical question that is often used to test one's understanding of basic electrical concepts and logical reasoning skills. It is not a real-life electrical scenario but rather a thought experiment.

2. How does the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" work?

The "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" typically presents a scenario where a circuit appears to be functioning normally but poses a question about what might happen if a certain change is made. The trick is to identify any hidden assumptions and apply basic electrical principles to arrive at the correct answer.

3. Is the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" meant to confuse people?

No, the question is designed to challenge one's understanding and critical thinking skills. It may seem confusing at first, but with careful analysis and application of electrical concepts, the answer can be logically determined.

4. Can the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" be solved using math or calculations?

There are usually no complex calculations involved in solving the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe". It is more about understanding the underlying principles and applying them logically. However, in some cases, simple calculations may be necessary.

5. Why is the "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" important for scientists?

The "Simple Electrical Trick Question Maybe" helps scientists develop critical thinking skills and apply scientific principles to solve problems. It also highlights the importance of understanding fundamental concepts in science and how they can be applied in different scenarios.