Simplifying a circuit w/ multiple resistors & current source

In summary, the conversation involves simplifying a given circuit and determining the relationships between various resistors. The asker shares a link to the circuit and their attempt at a solution, but the images are not accessible. They then ask for clarification on the placement of certain resistors in relation to each other.
Cocoleia

Homework Statement

I am given this circuit:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ac16233c7c&view=fimg&th=157871927bfab85f&attid=0.3&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_NBCzBtsxNBxpVBZxZYQhZBjV1KlRTvTIVWx8ywfyYGYgtKpez7JOOWa_t8GbsfP3Hp9ODP0iatO0VG1zN1WomVMiLbznnfU2kAs3svgcsod_Y94bTkZdEMYI&ats=1475440357233&rm=157871927bfab85f&zw&sz=w1366-h643

And told to simplify it to the maximum.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ac16233c7c&view=fimg&th=157871927bfab85f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-gRfjhey3cZn9NlCVIqos0TRZDJEKuJaPl-IZ4I5Ellsyankr3RBbt8saO2nDCfKh0EKZnO0zLcAN_ziB3a1KrK2QJ_So9Axm2IclqnCOh9mG-i1eR6Z_OcAg&ats=1475440357233&rm=157871927bfab85f&zw&sz=w1366-h643

This is my final result. I was wondering 3 things:
1. Are the 20 and 10 resistors in series
2. Is the 20 resistor on top in parallel with the 20 and the 10
3. Are the 10 and 40 resistors in series[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
Your images are not accessible. The URLs seem to point to a google mail box, which no doubt no one but you can access! It's far better to UPLOAD your images to avoid such hassles.

1. How do I simplify a circuit with multiple resistors and a current source?

To simplify a circuit with multiple resistors and a current source, you can use Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Laws to calculate the equivalent resistance and current in the circuit. This will allow you to replace the multiple resistors with a single equivalent resistor and the current source with a single equivalent current source.

2. What is the purpose of simplifying a circuit with multiple resistors and a current source?

The purpose of simplifying a circuit is to make it easier to analyze and understand. By reducing the number of components in a circuit, you can more easily calculate its behavior and make changes or modifications if needed.

3. Can I use simplification techniques for any type of circuit?

Yes, simplification techniques can be used for any type of circuit, including circuits with multiple resistors and a current source. However, the methods used may vary depending on the type of circuit and its components.

4. How do I know if my simplified circuit is accurate?

To ensure the accuracy of your simplified circuit, you can perform calculations and simulations using the original and simplified versions. If the results are similar, then your simplified circuit is likely accurate. Additionally, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to verify your calculations.

5. Are there any limitations to simplifying a circuit with multiple resistors and a current source?

While simplifying a circuit can make it easier to analyze, there are some limitations to be aware of. Simplification techniques may not work for more complex circuits, and the simplified version may not accurately represent the behavior of the original circuit in certain scenarios. It's important to check your work and verify the accuracy of the simplified circuit before making any changes or modifications.