Simulation program and industries

I'd like an idea about simulation programs and how it can be applied to industries. Here is some of the simulation program ideas I happen to run across on Google. All the way from data calculations, 2D cell game to 3D crash proof simulations. I want to hear your thoughts and some of the most ridiculous programs that would earn you cash.

FactChecker

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
I'd like an idea about simulation programs and how it can be applied to industries. Here is some of the simulation program ideas I happen to run across on Google. All the way from data calculations, 2D cell game to 3D crash proof simulations. I want to hear your thoughts and some of the most ridiculous programs that would earn you cash.
What do you mean by "ridiculous"? Are you looking for the simulation equivalent of the Pet Rock?

What do you mean by "ridiculous"? Are you looking for the simulation equivalent of the Pet Rock?
For instance, Agar.io. You'd be able to run it as a simulation and check for the average size of the cells. Or since I work for a shoe company as a software programmer. I'd do a simulation on the shoe retirement rate versus the general population to check how many shoes would get sold. I think simulation program deserves to have its own office inside a company, but I've never seen such a thing established.

FactChecker

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
There are companies with Operations Research and/or Industrial Engineering departments that do a lot of simulation, optimization, and analysis work. A lot of other Engineering groups in companies use simulation for their analysis. But I am still confused by the word "ridiculous".

Cool, ridiculous as of the most interesting simulation you've heard that actually earns money.

FactChecker

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
Cool, ridiculous as of the most interesting simulation you've heard that actually earns money.
Oh! A lot of airframe manufacturers have flight simulators. They are specialized for the avionics and handling qualities of their particular product. That may interest you.

Hmm, something like this. Shape changes with genetic algorithm.

P.S. Now if you can apply this to the flight simulator it would be cool lol

Last edited:
This looks interesting. But we need some type of control variable that would be our goal, let it be environment setup or molecular structure hmm

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I think simulation program deserves to have its own office inside a company, but I've never seen such a thing established.
I work in a chemical company and even there that is a problem. Main reason: almost everyone does it, so the need for genuine expertise isn't considered seriously. In the mean time millions worth of process knowledge is buried unrecognizably and non-transferable in convoluted spreadsheet monsters.
I always call simulation and modelling "a horizontal column" -- a base for all other organizational columns, but in reality treated as part of a ruin.
IT has gone the same route somewhat.

I work in a chemical company and even there that is a problem. Main reason: almost everyone does it, so the need for genuine expertise isn't considered seriously. In the mean time millions worth of process knowledge is buried unrecognizably and non-transferable in convoluted spreadsheet monsters.
I always call simulation and modelling "a horizontal column" -- a base for all other organizational columns, but in reality treated as part of a ruin.
IT has gone the same route somewhat.
I'm not really good with Chemistry myself. I'd say you can probably analyze the formula with the molecular diagram, then test if the combination with a variable compound can be constructed(based on atomic number and type of bonds). I'm not sure if the 3D diagram angle would be a factor. You can probably create your own molecular design as well using a simulation. It might be easier for someone to work out the software first