Sinusoidal alternating current/Homework

• Thread starter ThisVelvetGlove
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sinusoidal
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving sinusoidal graphs and the values ν, φ0, i1(t1), i2(t2), φ1, φ2, and phase shifts. The solution attempts to calculate φ2 and ends with confusion about the relation between T1, T2, and ν. It is also mentioned that the initial time offset does not relate to the repeat time periods.
ThisVelvetGlove
Hello everyone thanks for giving me your support, sorry if i post in the wrong section.

1. Homework Statement

What the problem asks for:
In the picture we can see the graph of sinusoidal i1=i1(t) and i2=i2(t)
It asks for:
ν(as i read, it said only one so that's how i went beyond on resolving ecuations)=?
φ0=?
i1(t1)=?
i2(t2)=?
φ1=?
φ2=?
i hope i translate good, phase shifts φ1221 of i2 behind and before of i1
Given data:
t1=2,5×10-3(s)
t2=5×10-3(s)
T2=0,02
Imax1=1,5(A)
Imax2=1
http://postimg.org/image/jejwzmzn7/ (this is the graph)
The attempt at a solution
This is what i did i got stuck at phase shifts.

i(t)=Imaxsin(ωt+φ)

1.i(t1)=Imax1sin(ωt11)
2.i(t2)=Imax2sin(ω22)
ω=2π/T or 2πv
ν=1/T=> ν=1/T2=>ν=1/2×10-2(s)-1
from here => i(t) becomes
1.i(t1)=Imax1sin(2π/T1t11)
2.i(t2)=Imax2sin(2π/T2t22)
from here => φ2 i got it out like this:
Δt...Δφ
T...2π
=> Δφ=(Δt×2π)/T =>2 φ20=(t2-t1×2π)/T
=> φ2=(5×10-3-2,5×10-3×2π)/T
=>φ2=(2,5×10-3×2π)/1/2×10-2
=>φ2=5×10-5×2π
so
2.i(t2)=Imax2sin(2π/T2t22)
i(t2)=sin(2π×1/2×10-2×5×10-3+5×10-5×2π)
after this i said that
T1 =t2-t1+T2
=> (2,5×10-3+2×10-2
=>(4,5×10-5)
which got me confused cause if this is different from the other one(T2)... then shouldn't it have to v?

Attachments

• 2015-02-15_18-30-56_449.jpg
    2015-02-15_18-30-56_449.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 440
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If they want 2 distinct φ values, that means one for each curve ... not the difference from one to the other.
(that is, the angle that the sine is offset ... i2 looks like a cosine, so make sure your units are correct)
They both have the same T, and hence the same ω and same ν (or f) .
the initial time offset does not relate to their repeat time periods.

What is sinusoidal alternating current?

Sinusoidal alternating current (AC) is a type of electrical current that oscillates back and forth in a regular, repeating pattern. It is characterized by its sinusoidal waveform, which resembles a smooth, curved line.

How is sinusoidal alternating current used?

Sinusoidal alternating current is used in a variety of applications, including powering household appliances, lighting, and electronic devices. It is also used in power transmission and distribution systems to deliver electricity from power plants to homes and businesses.

What is the difference between sinusoidal alternating current and direct current?

The main difference between sinusoidal alternating current and direct current (DC) is the direction of the current flow. AC changes direction periodically, while DC flows in one direction. Additionally, AC can be easily transformed into different voltages, whereas DC cannot.

How is sinusoidal alternating current measured?

Sinusoidal alternating current is measured in terms of amplitude, frequency, and phase. Amplitude is the maximum value of the current, frequency is the number of cycles per second, and phase is the relationship between the current and voltage waveforms.

What is the homework about sinusoidal alternating current?

The homework about sinusoidal alternating current typically involves solving problems related to AC circuits, such as calculating voltage, current, and power in different components. It may also involve understanding the properties and applications of AC, as well as the differences between AC and DC.