Skype video calls cause blue screen of death on Vista

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 20K views
Math Jeans
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Hi. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 running Window's Vista with a 2.0 GHz processor and 3 GB RAM.

For some reason, whenever I have a video or voice chat on Skype (version 3.8), my computer gives me a Blue Screen of Death.

As you may guess, this is very annoying when trying to have formal meetings.

Is there any solution to this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you ever find a solution for this on another site? it's been happening on my computer too!
 
My original problem ended up getting fixed in a Skype update a long time ago (I also have a different computer now).

Your problem is likely caused by something different.