So I am curious how many PFers own firearms here.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cronxeh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curious
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
63 replies · 10K views
apeiron said:
For what it's worth, I agree. This whole conversation is another fascinating reminder of the cultural gulfs that can exist in this world.

Where I live, guns for hunting would be socially acceptable - but I hardly know anyone who does, and owning a gun does make them seem a little "weird". It is like they are into S+M or something.

Allowing people to own guns purely designed for killing people just seems sick. Detached from reality. Who would want to own a people-killer? I mean why?

Darwin obviously never visited your island
 
Physics news on Phys.org


apeiron said:
Allowing people to own guns purely designed for killing people just seems sick. Detached from reality. Who would want to own a people-killer? I mean why?

As I understand the main argument behind is that you can protect yourself. It is not an convincing argument.

Further, I don't believe that there is any correlation between gun ownership in a nation and death due to shootings.
 


Ignorant_twit said:
duhImage1.jpg


Look at the deaths for motor vehicles if you really want your mind blown.

Ha, great cartoon!
 


I'm afraid that this thread has veered off topic from the original topic of discussing guns for gun enthusiasts to discussions of using them to kill humans. The former is fine, the latter is not.