Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So what did you do while PF was down?

1. Aug 20, 2006 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I baked cookies, lots of cookies. I made a batch of Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, and snickerdoodles. If I gain weight, I'm blaming it on PF.

I also repotted my plants, trim my orchid plants, and generally being very productive around the house.

Now that PF is back, I can go back to being a couch potato again.

:)

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2006 #2
  4. Aug 20, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I was able to exchange some PMs until yesterday afternoon. Interestingly, the journals, PMs, and top level directories were accessible, as well has articles on the home page.

I also visited some guys undernetphysics group on Yahoo. :wink: :biggrin:

I have reservations about José Soler's "creativity index".

Most of yesterday though, I was at a Celtic Festival up in the mountains nearby. There was a lot of good music and interesting things to do and see. I bought a tie in the tartan of one of the clans of my ancestors. There was plenty of Guinness, Harp, Newcastle and other beers, but since I was driving and my daughter brought along a friend, I didn't drink any beer.

I found some great hiking places.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  5. Aug 20, 2006 #4
    I sat here mashing F5 & laughing like Dr Evil..

6. Aug 20, 2006 #5
    I really didn't want to go out last night, saving up for stuff, but because PF was down and I had nothing better to do I did. I went to a beer festival where I found a delightfull golden hoppy ale that suited me fine. I left early to get a train, unfortunately the next train wasn't for an hour, so I went to get a taxi and was overcharged by 100% for some obscure reason(out of city tax or some nonsense, yeah like seven miles is worth double, *******) Frigging outrageous. I was going to say keep the change out of a tenner, since it was 12.50 though he was angling for a verbal rather than a tip, but since I tend to be rather placid and merry when inebriated I just paid and left. In other words it was fun, but it went sour and it's all PF's fault. I could of stayed in got inebriated on a good wine and saved myself 20 Earth pounds! Dammit!:smile:

Social interaction on a physical level is overrrated.:wink: :smile:

7. Aug 20, 2006 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Wow! You must have been REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bored!

:biggrin:

Zz.

8. Aug 20, 2006 #7

Astronuc

Nah, I was looking for signs of intelligent life. :biggrin:

9. Aug 20, 2006 #8

Whenever someone says they we're looking for some sort of intelectual experience. I always think of this song.

Try Tau Ceti-Gamma is my advice:smile:

Mind you it's only the news that gives me this impression. If you ask me PF is in another galaxy.:smile:

10. Aug 20, 2006 #9
    I cried :( looool. i was shocked!

11. Aug 20, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, you were all deprived of my stories of the kitten I'm getting (I know, Cyrus will be SHOCKED), and I had to go to another site to get help naming her, so you've all been deprived of another kitten naming thread, and then I went shopping for her to get her all the necessities and plenty of non-necessities (Kitten TOYS!!!!) and then Zz emailed me about all the cookies he was baking, so made me hungry for cookies, so I made some Tollhouse cookies too, which means between the two of us, we have a TON of cookies to share. And we're all blaming Greg for the weight gain.

12. Aug 20, 2006 #11

Astronuc

It also came to my attention that NASA is preparing for STS-115 and the launch of Shuttle Endeavor in just 7 days!
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

BTW - May I humbly recommend that people subscribe to PF. Only $25/yr. It costs money to host such a site, and a dedicated server can be fairly expensive. Then there is bandwidth to support a large number of users, especially where graphics is involved.

Support PF! :approve: :smile:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  13. Aug 20, 2006 #12
    Well, I promise that if I start a PhD part of my first stipend will be spent on a subscription!

14. Aug 20, 2006 #13
    (does any have subscribtion to the 'astronomy now' magazine? my friend won the pic of the month on that :) happy for her....i think, wel she told me that a teacher told her that, he just entered her painting of the moon without asking her.)

15. Aug 20, 2006 #14
    I died a little bit inside ;)

16. Aug 20, 2006 #15

Mk

What do you mean PF went down? I live in PF, and didn't notice anything. There was a strange lapse in time though...

17. Aug 20, 2006 #16
    Cool do you get to race round on light cycles and play wierd games with frizbies, and can you see the mentors in their true forms? What's it like to drive one of those tanks they look neat!?! Just wondering? Are you trapped in their if so, will the mods ever let you out?

18. Aug 20, 2006 #17
    I completed my assignments faster than I usually do. But maybe it is because of the tests starting (and ending too, in 3 days) starting from next week. :cry: :cry:

19. Aug 20, 2006 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

Oh I was reading book and slept alot!

:bugeye:

Why did I think Zz never use smilies?

20. Aug 20, 2006 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I took swing dance lessons, shampooed the carpet, read the book Mind Wide Open, and went back over some old C++ exercises and lecture notes.

Moonbear is getting a kitten!!!???

21. Aug 20, 2006 #20
    I laid in featal position eating on my pillow hoping that the nightmare would soon be over.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?