So what did you do while PF was down?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: No, I don't get to race round on light cycles or play weird games with frizbies. I only get to see the mentors if I'm lucky. :sad: No, I don't get to race round on light cycles or play weird games with frizbies. I only get to see the mentors if I'm lucky. :sad:
Oh this is just too cute. She finally fell asleep in my lap and is kneading with her paws in her sleep! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
<ZapperZ sits back and waits for when Ember poops and pees for the first time>

Zz.

Thanks, Zz! :grumpy: I'm kinda hoping she'll wake up needing to pee so I can show her the function of the litter box sooner than later.

During the down time I did this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stein.jpg

No, I didn't drink, rather I rendered this with Pov-Ray on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really cool, Janus! Nice reflections!

Here she is! This is Ember. :smile:

http://img247.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img247/3114/1156216245jz1.smil

Moonbear said:

http://img247.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img247/3114/1156216245jz1.smil

:redface: so cute!

And yes, you can tell her: "You are adorable! And you got some cool toys too!" :smile:

Edit: I've never seen this slideshow feature before, that's pretty handy.

Yeah, she's not really very modest. She's still trying to insist she's the boss by hissing once in a while, but she's had a really rough day, so I won't tell her otherwise just yet. :rolleyes:

awww, she's very cute! You have a real live tri-color http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/~mono93/cat/english/what_e.html" . :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
awww, she's very cute! You have a real live tri-color http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/~mono93/cat/english/what_e.html" . :smile:
Does that mean I need to get her a red collar? She had her left paw out, so that means she's inviting people? Aww...how sweet of her.

star.torturer said:
when was this?
Maybe you blacked out too!

Moonbear said:
Does that mean I need to get her a red collar?
I think she would look precious in a red collar, especially if it had a tiny bell. :approve:
She had her left paw out, so that means she's inviting people? Aww...how sweet of her.
I guess you'll know if the doorbell starts ringing non-stop!

Moonbear she is absolutely adorable! I loved the slide show. (a star is born) :wink:

I can see why you fell in love with her. :smile:

Moonbear said:

She's still trying to insist she's the boss by hissing once in a while, . . .
Moonbear, that kitten is adorable. She is about the same size as our little Pumpkin was when we found her at our front door. Pumkin was always a small and slender cat - never much above 10 lbs. In contrast, we had to other cats were somewhat larger 13-18 lbs. The 18 pounder was a large tom, who had to loose weight (~3lbs) and ended up about 14-15 lbs.

Calicos are tempermental. Pumpkin would hiss once in awhile, and taking her to the vet was an ordeal. I had to hold her since she would not let anyone else near. I was called to the vet one time to retrieve Pumpkin from the cage. No one could get there hands in the cage because she would attack. :rolleyes:

I went raceing! Had way too much fun and ended up with a sun burned nose!

What a lovely kitty cat Moonbear! Congrats!

She's gotten so much friendlier since even this morning! Now she is playing a lot more, and even playing with me, even though she won't quite admit it. She's turned getting chased into a game (I think she's telling me she doesn't want to be locked in the bathroom again tomorrow, because I don't think I can catch her to get her in there even if I tried now). We ran around the couch and dining room table, and at first I thought she was still scared, but she didn't dash right back to any of her hiding spots, even when she had the chance, instead, she started doubling back to check I was still chasing! :biggrin: Yep, she's figured out it's a big game. She's killed her fuzzy mouse a few times over, and loves the cat fishing lure (the only way I can get her out from under the TV stand!)

She's now hiding under the TV stand (she found out I can't reach her under there) and I think she's going to wind up falling asleep there because she's been running around like a crazy kitten and looked pretty tired out as she crawled under. :biggrin:

It wasn't my fault!
I didn't do anything!
Why is everyone always blaming me for...!
! :uhh:

Oh you were just wondering what we did. :redface: Nothing really. Thanks for asking. :smile:

Dang 'it Artman, we keep telling you to be careful not to trip over that extension cord! :grumpy:

:rofl:

My kitten has decided she likes me afterall. :smile: She's turned into a whole new kitten tonight, and it's wonderful. She's been running and playing and finding more things to get into (she discovered stairs to the second floor, so I had to hurry up and clean up there too so she can't get anything she shouldn't have). And now, she's sitting against my leg grooming herself in between TV watching. She climbed up to me all by herself. :smile: She finally forgave me for the bath I guess. :redface: Though, she's also figured out how the keyboard works (what a smart kitten). She already knows how to use the touchpad to select text and then press the spacebar to delete it all! :rofl: Thank goodness for "undo."

Moonbear said:

Ahhhhhh, it's a widdle kiddy cat. :smile: :smile: :smile:

She's wonderful MB. I want to pick her up...:cry:

Moonbear said:
Dang 'it Artman, we keep telling you to be careful not to trip over that extension cord! :grumpy:
Oops.

That is one cute kitten there MB.

And she's soft, and snuggly, still slightly Juniper scented from her bath (though, not so much today), and I'm worse than new parents when it comes to talking about her and bragging about her. But, she's definitely smart. I only had to tell her "No" twice before she learned what it meant, and she hasn't attempted any more jumps onto the coffee table (I want her to learn that tables and kitchen counters are off limits, but she's allowed on couches and beds...I think I'm just going to make all things with hard surfaces off limits though, so it will seem somewhat consistent to her what she can and can't jump on, so bathroom counters and desks will be off-limits too, even though I don't care so much about that.)

Moonbear said:
Oh, good heavens! I thought we taped that thing down!

Moonbear said:
She climbed up to me all by herself. :smile: She finally forgave me for the bath I guess. :redface:
Pleh! :yuck: How long did it take to get the fur off your tongue?

That's okay, with all of the cat lovers here you can brag all that you want. :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: Her first bath was very traumatic. There's no easy way to do it when you really just need to douse her with water to make sure all the farm dirt and bugs are off her (at least she didn't have ticks like the rest of the litter does).

She was even purring a short time ago! But is getting annoyed I'm not letting her type. :rofl:

I got some work done. That much closer :biggrin:

Hey, all this kitten love is making the pups lonely.

MazieandGeorge.jpg

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, good heavens! I thought we taped that thing down!
You can't keep me taped down!
Oh yeah, they've tried, but... :uhh:

Me, or the cord?

Just forget about that, "they've tried" part... :blushing:

note to self: shave subject before taping him down next time. becomes very cranky when tape is removed.

Math Is Hard said:
note to self: shave subject before taping him down next time. becomes very cranky when tape is removed.

Would you like to borrow my handcuffs and leather straps, MIH?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

I assume that those are genuine Disney cuffs and straps?

ZapperZ said:
EE-yow! I'm guessing those didn't come from the Disney store!
(edit: ha ha - warped minds think alike Ivan!)

yeah, sure. I am spending Fall quarter working on psych research projects so restraints might come in handy. some people get a little skittish the first time you shock 'em. :biggrin:

Last edited:
You two are WAY too much!

:)

Zz.

P.S. and I'm not telling where those came from either!

Moonbear said:
But, she's definitely smart. I only had to tell her "No" twice before she learned what it meant, and she hasn't attempted any more jumps onto the coffee table (I want her to learn that tables and kitchen counters are off limits, but she's allowed on couches and beds...I think I'm just going to make all things with hard surfaces off limits though, so it will seem somewhat consistent to her what she can and can't jump on, so bathroom counters and desks will be off-limits too, even though I don't care so much about that.)
Both of our cats are trained to stay off all counters and tables whenever a human is in the room. Actually, if there's almost never anything interesting left on the tables or counters, I think the cats might almost never get up there. And if one them does get up there once in a while, I'm pretty sure it's only so they can keep a better eye on the other one, just to make sure the other cat isn't doing something it's not supposed to.

Math Is Hard said:
Really! There is only one way to give a cat a proper bath, and I have a sensitive gag-reflex that prevents me from being a proper cat-parent.