Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So, what do you keep in your bra?

1. Jul 9, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...66900/Teenager-finds-baby-bat-in-her-bra.html

Abbie Hawkins, a hotel receptionist, thought her mobile phone was ringing when she felt vibrations coming from her clothes.

But she later discovered the tiny creature tucked away in the padded pocket of her underwear.

As staff and colleagues crowded around, Miss Hawkins, 19, produced the frightened bat, which was the size of her hand.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2008 #2
    My wife.

4. Jul 9, 2008 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think the photo to go with the article is even funnier...a rubber bat propped inside a bra that she's holding. :rofl:

5. Jul 9, 2008 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. Wonder if it will cause people to question the veracity of the story.

6. Jul 9, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well I for one always check my underwear for bats on other small animals before putting them on.

This is why you don't hang clothes outside to dry. Bugs, bird poop, it's just nasty.

7. Jul 9, 2008 #6
    Once while putting cedar shingles on the cabin, a baby bat tried to crawl up my shirt sleeve. While it was really cute, I still had to perform the screaming bat on my arm dance:uhh:
    Perhaps it was heading for my bra?

8. Jul 9, 2008 #7
    I was wondering what she had in the other cup to 'even things out'?

9. Jul 9, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Obviously, her cell phone. :rofl:

I dunno, though. I just have a hard time figuring out how a little furry critter moving around could possibly be confused with a cell phone vibrating.

10. Jul 9, 2008 #9
    "hmmm... 'things' feel a little different today...larger, or more 'full'.....hmmmm.....kind of warmer and fuzzier, too.....hmmmm.....maybe it's that time of the month....hmmmm....."

makes you think, "if she didn't feel that, I wonder what else she doesn't feel"

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  11. Jul 9, 2008 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Drat. Go to Plan C. (Plan B being, of course, disguising myself as a loofah).

12. Jul 10, 2008 #11
    I don't wear a bra. Atleast I don't think I do.

13. Jul 10, 2008 #12
    Lol... funny they don't show a picture of where it was hiding.

14. Jul 10, 2008 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

There's got to be a pun in here somewhere. Bats, bras, belfrys...

15. Jul 10, 2008 #14
    well, maybe this whole thing will teach her to wear her true fitting 'A' cup bra, instead of that oversized, padded, reinforced 'D' sized one to impress the boys.

16. Jul 10, 2008 #15

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Actually, according to one source, she wears a 34FF bra. There are way funnier pictures in papers other than the telegraph!

17. Jul 10, 2008 #16
    oh--my!

That's enough for a 'way-back'---

As Nick Danger said, "Poor Nancy, she fell right over!"

18. Jul 10, 2008 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Either way, it seems it's not fitted properly to have room for a small mammal in it and to not realize it right away. She REALLY must not be a morning person to have never noticed it while getting dressed.

19. Jul 10, 2008 #18
    Yet another good reason to have that first cup of coffee!

20. Jul 10, 2008 #19
    It said something about it being in a 'pocket'. I'm not so familiar with braziere design to know how that works out though.

21. Jul 10, 2008 #20
    well, there is a term, but really doesn't apply here specifically:

numb nuts

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?