So, what do you keep in your bra?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2266900/Teenager-finds-baby-bat-in-her-bra.html

Abbie Hawkins, a hotel receptionist, thought her mobile phone was ringing when she felt vibrations coming from her clothes.

But she later discovered the tiny creature tucked away in the padded pocket of her underwear.

As staff and colleagues crowded around, Miss Hawkins, 19, produced the frightened bat, which was the size of her hand.

Answers and Replies

My wife.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think the photo to go with the article is even funnier...a rubber bat propped inside a bra that she's holding. :rofl:

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I think the photo to go with the article is even funnier...a rubber bat propped inside a bra that she's holding. :rofl:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Wonder if it will cause people to question the veracity of the story.

Evo
Mentor
Well I for one always check my underwear for bats on other small animals before putting them on.

This is why you don't hang clothes outside to dry. Bugs, bird poop, it's just nasty.

Once while putting cedar shingles on the cabin, a baby bat tried to crawl up my shirt sleeve. While it was really cute, I still had to perform the screaming bat on my arm dance:uhh:
Perhaps it was heading for my bra?

I was wondering what she had in the other cup to 'even things out'?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was wondering what she had in the other cup to 'even things out'?
Obviously, her cell phone. :rofl:

I dunno, though. I just have a hard time figuring out how a little furry critter moving around could possibly be confused with a cell phone vibrating.

Obviously, her cell phone. :rofl:

I dunno, though. I just have a hard time figuring out how a little furry critter moving around could possibly be confused with a cell phone vibrating.
"hmmm... 'things' feel a little different today...larger, or more 'full'.....hmmmm.....kind of warmer and fuzzier, too.....hmmmm.....maybe it's that time of the month....hmmmm....."

makes you think, "if she didn't feel that, I wonder what else she doesn't feel"

Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Well I for one always check my underwear for bats on other small animals before putting them on.
Drat. Go to Plan C. (Plan B being, of course, disguising myself as a loofah).

I don't wear a bra. Atleast I don't think I do.

Jaime Eastham, of the Bat Conservation Trust, said they had never heard of a bat being found in a bra before.

But she said the animals roost anywhere that appears dark and safe.
Lol... funny they don't show a picture of where it was hiding.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
There's got to be a pun in here somewhere. Bats, bras, belfrys...

well, maybe this whole thing will teach her to wear her true fitting 'A' cup bra, instead of that oversized, padded, reinforced 'D' sized one to impress the boys.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
well, maybe this whole thing will teach her to wear her true fitting 'A' cup bra, instead of that oversized, padded, reinforced 'D' sized one to impress the boys.
Actually, according to one source, she wears a 34FF bra. There are way funnier pictures in papers other than the telegraph!

Actually, according to one source, she wears a 34FF bra. There are way funnier pictures in papers other than the telegraph!
oh--my!

That's enough for a 'way-back'---

As Nick Danger said, "Poor Nancy, she fell right over!"

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Either way, it seems it's not fitted properly to have room for a small mammal in it and to not realize it right away. She REALLY must not be a morning person to have never noticed it while getting dressed.

Yet another good reason to have that first cup of coffee!

Either way, it seems it's not fitted properly to have room for a small mammal in it and to not realize it right away. She REALLY must not be a morning person to have never noticed it while getting dressed.
It said something about it being in a 'pocket'. I'm not so familiar with braziere design to know how that works out though.

well, there is a term, but really doesn't apply here specifically:

numb nuts

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It said something about it being in a 'pocket'. I'm not so familiar with braziere design to know how that works out though.
No pockets in bras. If there's a space or gap somewhere, then it's not fitting right.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
No pockets in bras. If there's a space or gap somewhere, then it's not fitting right.
Unless I'm severely deluded I believe you'll find that the new bras do indeed have pockets in them for ... ah ... customization. This girl has inadvertantly revealed something about her insecurities to the world.

Evo
Mentor
Push up bras to enhance cleavage have pockets where you can insert an optional pad. Yes, I have worn those with certain outfits where you want the girls closer together for a better fit. They don't make you look larger, they just change the position.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Push up bras to enhance cleavage have pockets where you can insert an optional pad. Yes, I have worn those with certain outfits where you want the girls closer together for a better fit. They don't make you look larger, they just change the position.
Um, yes, they make you look larger...that's the point of adding the padding and pushing them closer together. :biggrin: I wasn't thinking of those as pockets though, but now I know what you're talking about. So, she usually uses her cell phone instead of a push up padding? Must be interesting watching her try to answer a call, and must leave a rather lumpy appearance. :uhh:

You don't suppose she has a man in her ket do you?