So, what do you keep in your bra?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I still find it hard to believe that the woman didn't realize there was something different about her bra - unless the bat gave her a warm and fuzzy feeling such that it felt a comfortable. I guess the bra was a dark color, black perhaps (although the picture shows a white fabric), such that she didn't notice the bat tucked in the cup.

How can one not notice a brown or black bat in a white bra?

Evo
Mentor
They said it was tiny, it might have been really tiny. Also, with back closing bras, you fasten them with the cups in the back then move it around to the front, so you might not actually ever look into the cup. I think I might have freaked out thinking it was a spider or something, but maybe it didn't (or couldn't) move much.

Would she have noticed a tom-tit in there?

34FF?

That's bigger than my head

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
34FF?

That's bigger than my head
While they don't show much of her torso in the photo, she sure doesn't look that big, nor does her bra. Maybe a C or D cup there. Of course, if she's really a B or C cup and wearing a FF bra, it's no surprise she had plenty of room for bats and cell phones in there. She probably could have hidden a small child, packed her lunch, and still had room for a tube of lipstick. :biggrin:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
They said it was tiny, it might have been really tiny. Also, with back closing bras, you fasten them with the cups in the back then move it around to the front, so you might not actually ever look into the cup.
My wife uses that procedure. I guess I need to pay closer attention. :biggrin:

I think I might have freaked out thinking it was a spider or something, but maybe it didn't (or couldn't) move much.
I guess it was a very small bat, perhaps less than the size of a pinky.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
They said it was tiny,
Bats, while broad, are amazingly thin, IIRC. It might have only bulged 1/3 of an inch.

pinky?

Sorry if this is slightly off topic: Considering that (some) bat species are endangered - should it not be mandatory for women to configure their bra/cleavage in such a way that they are easily accessible for bats, to provide (temporary) shelter ?

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Another geeky answer.

What do I keep in my bra? Often a sigh.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Another geeky answer.

What do I keep in my bra? Often a sigh.
I bet you keep a sigh in your ket, too!

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I bet you keep a sigh in your ket, too!
Only when I want to be real. :biggrin:

Only when I want to be real.
Somehow that doesn't seem normal to me.

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo
Mentor
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Push up bras to enhance cleavage have pockets where you can insert an optional pad. Yes, I have worn those with certain outfits where you want the girls closer together for a better fit. They don't make you look larger, they just change the position.
I usually just go straight for the duct tape. Getting it off later can be unpleasant, though.

I'm surprised there was no concern about rabies mentioned in this story. I've heard it usually takes a bite to transmit the virus, but isn't there still some risk if there is contact with saliva from an infected critter? (hey, it might have drooled on her.)

Borek
Mentor
I believe there is no rabies in UK.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I never knew that! Wish we could say the same here.

:???: and how did that happen?

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068812/
At present, the UK is virtually free of rabies. There had been no reported cases in the UK for over 100 years until 2002 when a man died of rabies in Scotland after been bitten by a bat. As far as we are aware, there have been no cases since, and no cases in the UK for over 100 years caused by bites from other animals. The strict quarantine regulations for imported animals helps to keep rabies out of the UK.
Wow... Funny that the last reported case was from a bat.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
. . . it seems it's not fitted properly to have room for a small mammal in it and to not realize it right away. . .
Mammals, mammaries . . . what's the difference! :biggrin: