Solve Hamiltonian Problem: Have Ideas on q2=Acos(q2)+Bsin(q2)+C?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kamil600
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hamiltonian
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
kamil600
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Have you got any clues how to prove q2=Acos(q2)+Bsin(q2)+C using hamiltonian H =(1/2)*(p12 q14 + p22 q22 - 2aq1) , where a,A,B,C=const.
I've tried to solve hamiltonian eqations what let me to equations which I can't solved.
How you got any ideas solving this problem?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You could try some canonical transformation of the variables.
This is just a tip, I didnt do any calculations.. :D
 
It might be good idea, but do you have any other clues how to solve it without canonical transformation?
 
Have you tried working out any partial derivatives of your hamiltonian?
 
Yes, I tried prove it using hamiltonian equations (which are partial derivatives of hamiltonian), but always it let me to equations which I can't solve. If the quickes way to prove it is canonical transformation maby someone can tell me how to prove this problem using it.