Solving for Tangent Lines and Range of Slopes for a Given Curve

  • Thread starter Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Derivatives
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
r-soy
Messages
170
Reaction score
1
Hi all





I hve two Q I want the explaine how to solve



Q1 :(A) Find an equation for tangent to curve y = X^3 - 4X + 1 at the point (2,1)



(b ) What is the range of values of the curve's slope





Number ( A ) I can solve it but ( B) I face problem to solve







Q 2 derivative y = x - 3root X



please I want the explaine how to solve How to solve each one .
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the power rule for Q2. y = x - x^(1/3)
y' = 1 - x^(-2/3)/3
Power rule is d/dx x^n = nx^(n-1), which I'm sure you know..
 
r-soy said:
Hi all

I hve two Q I want the explaine how to solve
Q1 :(A) Find an equation for tangent to curve y = X^3 - 4X + 1 at the point (2,1)
(b ) What is the range of values of the curve's slope

Number ( A ) I can solve it but ( B) I face problem to solve

Q 2 derivative y = x - 3root X

please I want the explaine how to solve How to solve each one .
In problem 1, what did you get for y'? You need that function so that you can find the range of values of the slopes of the tangent lines for the curve.