Solving Planar Fluence: Ratio of Electrons per cm2

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
AgusCF
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

Suppose a situation where you have a broad plane-parallele beem of electrons which is perpendiculary incident upon a thin foil which scatters the e- for an angle X. I did calculus and the ratio of flux density below the foil respect with the foil remove is 1.06. But, What are the ratio of the number of e- per cm2 passing through a plane just behind (and parallel to) the foil to what with the foil removed? I thing the ratio must be 1.06, also.

Help¡
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A sketch would help.
AgusCF said:
But, What are the ratio of the number of e- per cm2 passing through a plane just behind (and parallel to) the foil to what with the foil removed?
Shouldn't this be the result of an integral over the angular distribution?

Why does your flux increase?
 
As I saw in Introduction to Radiological Physics and Radiation Dosimetry - Attix, these is an event that happens when you are working with a broad beam. Is an exercise from the first chapter (the third exercise). The exercise gives the answers, and I don´t know why is the unity the particles ratio.