Solving the Mystery of Unusual Conversation Weirdness

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary, the user received a private message from a newbie but was unable to reply due to the "Lock conversation" option being selected. They started a new conversation and the newbie was able to reply. The user also advised the newbie that the forum does not provide private help. It is speculated that the newbie may be a shy dog lover.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I got a PM ("conversation") from a newbie and for reasons I don't understand at all, I could not reply. The option just wasn't there. So I started one with him and he replied just fine. What's that all about?

Physics news on Phys.org
When you start a conversation, if you look at the bottom there is an option " Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)". The noob apparently selected this option when they contacted you. I hope you advised them that we are a forum and don't give private help. :wink:

Evo said:
When you start a conversation, if you look at the bottom there is an option " Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)". The noob apparently selected this option when they contacted you. I hope you advised them that we are a forum and don't give private help. :wink:
Ah, thanks, that explains it. Yes, I did.

Likes Evo
Obviously the newbie is a shy dog lover...?

Related to Solving the Mystery of Unusual Conversation Weirdness

1. What is "Unusual Conversation Weirdness"?

"Unusual Conversation Weirdness" refers to any strange or unexpected behavior that occurs during conversations between individuals. This can include unusual topics, awkward silences, or any other unusual communication patterns.

2. How do you solve the mystery of "Unusual Conversation Weirdness"?

The best way to solve the mystery of "Unusual Conversation Weirdness" is through careful observation and analysis. This can involve paying attention to nonverbal cues, listening closely to the conversation, and asking open-ended questions to gather more information.

3. What are some common causes of "Unusual Conversation Weirdness"?

There are many possible causes of "Unusual Conversation Weirdness", including social anxiety, differences in communication styles, and underlying relationship dynamics. It can also be caused by external factors such as fatigue or stress.

4. How can understanding "Unusual Conversation Weirdness" be beneficial?

Understanding "Unusual Conversation Weirdness" can help improve communication skills and relationships. By recognizing and addressing any unusual communication patterns, individuals can have more meaningful and effective conversations.

5. What are some strategies for dealing with "Unusual Conversation Weirdness"?

Some strategies for dealing with "Unusual Conversation Weirdness" include actively listening, asking open-ended questions, and trying to empathize with the other person's perspective. It can also be helpful to address any underlying issues or misunderstandings in a calm and respectful manner.