Sound Problems in Win (Lose) 8.1

  • Thread starter Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sound
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
7,908
Reaction score
13,226
Hi All,
I am having trouble with both sound input and output in windows 8.1. Error message is " The Audio Service is not running". I eventually find out the system believes there are neither audio input nor output devices installed. Still, when I go to device manager, the audio system is clearly listed there, the microphone, speakers and mixers are functioning correctly, so is the audio controller , all according to device manager . I checked that the drivers are updated, but still no sound. I have gone over a few You Tube videos with no success.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you. Sadly saying something is better than Win 8.1 is sort of like saying someone is nicer than Hitler.