Source for HARD Dynamics problems?

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for studying dynamics, specifically for an upcoming exam. The participants discuss various books and online sources, but ultimately recommend a book called "Classical Dynamics" by Thornton and Marion. They also mention another book by Landau and Greenwood.
stinlin
This is more of a question for study purposes...I've been studying a little bit for my Dynamics exam, but I just don't feel like doing these problems is going to prepare me for the exam well. Does anyone know of a good online source for dynamics problems?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is dynamics? Is that something like classical mechanics?

Haha - sorry - it's the study of motion. So kinematics, kinetcs, Newton, etc

There is a good mechanics book by Landau that could probably check out from your university/college library.

Thornton and Marion have a pretty good basic book called "Classical Dynamics." I've looked at Poole and Goldstein's "Classical Mechanics," but only as a reference; still it seemed good.

I doubt you will find much of anything online.

Haha, those are tough books. Is this an engineering mechanics course?? If so, then i recommend Greenwood's Book Classical Dynamics.

1. What is the definition of HARD dynamics problems?

HARD dynamics problems refer to problems that involve complex and difficult physical systems that are difficult to predict and analyze using traditional methods.

2. What are some common examples of HARD dynamics problems?

Some common examples of HARD dynamics problems include weather forecasting, fluid dynamics, chaotic systems, and quantum mechanics.

3. How do scientists approach solving HARD dynamics problems?

Scientists use a combination of mathematical models, computer simulations, and experimental data to study and solve HARD dynamics problems.

4. What are some key challenges associated with studying HARD dynamics problems?

Some key challenges include the high level of complexity and nonlinearity of the systems, the need for advanced mathematical and computational techniques, and the difficulty in obtaining accurate experimental data.

5. How are HARD dynamics problems relevant in the real world?

HARD dynamics problems have many practical applications in fields such as engineering, meteorology, biology, and finance. Understanding and solving these problems can lead to advancements in technology and improve our understanding of the world around us.