Spring constant that withstands 110 kg

• Thread starter Ahmadd
  • Start date
Hello, I have a mass of 110 kg and I want to move it with a speed of 14 m/s by using springs. how can I determine the constant of the spring and design it? thank you!

Hello, I have a mass of 110 kg and I want to move it with a speed of 14 m/s by using springs. how can I determine the constant of the spring and design it? thank you!
This is an incompete problem statement. It is not clear what configuration you are talking about. You need to draw a diagram. Also, you should make some attempt to figure it out on your own. We don't spoon feed answers.

berkeman

Mentor
Welcome to the PF.
As @phinds says, you are making us guess at a lot of things trying to help you. So you are wanting to compress a spring to shoot a 110kg mass out at a speed of 14m/s when released? Are these going to be big animals or humans...? :smile: