Spring in Kansas: See What My Place Looks Like
- Thread starter dlgoff
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Spring
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Mondayman
- 328
- 503
People who have spent their lives here in Alberta know not to count out snow until June hits.
I swear every May long people go out camping thinking it'll be a blast, and we get hit with a snowstorm.
I swear every May long people go out camping thinking it'll be a blast, and we get hit with a snowstorm.
Mondayman
- 328
- 503
Well, it's May Long weekend now. And sure enough, it's snow storming in Calgary. As per tradition.
Too bad, because the Flames are playing the Oilers in the playoffs, and they shutdown the outdoor viewing of the game.
Too bad, because the Flames are playing the Oilers in the playoffs, and they shutdown the outdoor viewing of the game.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 35,014
- 21,725
When I was a boy in Illinois we had snow in mid-June. Not a lot - maybe an inch - but snow nevertheless.Mondayman said:People who have spent their lives here in Alberta know not to count out snow until June hits.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 35,014
- 21,725
Why do you think I went away to college?
Admin
- 69,782
- 25,630
Hmm, well that's a valid question. I thought I remembered that your PhD in Physics is from MIT, but I could be misremembering that. I regularly run a disk cleanup utility on my brain to free up space and clear sector CRC errors...Vanadium 50 said:Why do you think I went away to college?
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
Oh, if only that was a real thing. There are soooo many things I'd like to forget [selectively].berkeman said:I regularly run a disk cleanup utility on my brain to free up space and clear sector CRC errors...
Last edited:
Mondayman
- 328
- 503
Illinois is a bit further south from here, so that is a bit surprising. I am fairly certain Chicago gets as much or more snow than Calgary, however.Vanadium 50 said:When I was a boy in Illinois we had snow in mid-June. Not a lot - maybe an inch - but snow nevertheless.
I do know that we have seen a snowfall in every single month of the year. When I was 7 it snowed a fair amount during the Stampede in mid-July, and it snowed randomly in August in 2015. I also remember a fair number of Christmas holidays with little to no snow at all.
Similar threads
- fbs7
- · Replies 20 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 20
- axmls
- · Replies 3 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 3
- modulus
- · Replies 8 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 8
- Spinnor
- · Replies 3 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 3
- gfgts250
- · Replies 35 ·
- Electromagnetism
- Replies
- 35
Graduate
What relativity really looks like
- Erland
- · Replies 5 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 5
- futurebird
- · Replies 5 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 5
- RogerDodgr
- · Replies 1 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 1
- mr_coffee
- · Replies 1 ·
- Calculus and Beyond Homework Help
- Replies
- 1
- Da-Force
- · Replies 9 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 9