Stanley Kubrick Photos from Before he did Movies

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies Photos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,708
Short CNN article here.
The first picture in the article is of a scientist with a Dr. Strangelove feel.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, Spinnor and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
Dr. Strangelove feel.
I've re-read this four times --- I still see "Strangelove feet.
 
Looked it up.
Shiny black shoes:
26-kubrick-dr-strangelove-1468951343.jpg

Guess I expected them to be more of a black with a matte finish.
 
Attachments
  • 26-kubrick-dr-strangelove-1468951343.jpg
    26-kubrick-dr-strangelove-1468951343.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 716
BillTre said:
matte
Doesn't "matte" equal "shiny?"
 
Matte is the opposite of shiny ("dull and flat, without a shine").
Shiny is glossy.
Satin is in between.

I was expecting him to have scuffed up shoes for some reason.
Shiny actually makes more sense for the character I guess.