Starting a bachelors degree at 23 (should I be worried?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter hadi jaffri
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bachelors Degree
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 5K views
hadi jaffri
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
so guys, I had to drop out of college due to financial problems and could could not really complete higher secondary school education(Alevels) until last year. I passed with decent grades(A*,A,A) I hope to join a university in the fall of 2022 and earn a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering but by that time I will be 23. Just wanted to ask will I be at any disadvantage in securing a job considering I will graduate at age 27. I would really appreciate a response :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No, you shouldn't have any difficulty securing an engineering job at 27. Things might be a little different if you were pushing 40, but you're in your 20's. You'll be fine.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Delta2 and Hamiltonian
Being a little older than most classmates can actually be an advantage. Mature judgement counts in education and engineering work. Take the lead during school projects, employers could tap you for senior positions.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Math100, Drakkith and hadi jaffri
Thankyou for the reply sir!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron
I think its possible. It just takes determination and realistic goals.

I stopped my formal education in the 9th grade. Received my GED at 21 and enrolled cc at 22. Now, I have a BS in Mathematics, and will be attending graduate school in the fall.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Math100, CalcNerd, Mondayman and 5 others
I started college in 2019 when I was 24 and I am still in college. Age is just a number. Don't let that discourage you from pursuing higher education.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71, MathematicalPhysicist, hadi jaffri and 2 others