1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statics: pratt truss calculation check

1. Dec 6, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

please find it attached as pdf.

2. Relevant equations

joint method was conducted.

3. The attempt at a solution

please find it attached. i spent so much time on this and i took statics like 1.5 years ago. can you help me find my mistake? i can't seem to find why is my center joints not canceling out.

oh does anyone know how to use RISA? this is for a project in my experimentation class.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2007 #2
    oh i know i know, i'm a civil and i know statics is a foundation for civil engineering =P but man... im so pissed off because of this! i redid it like 5 times. i really need to finish this by tomorrow because i'm actually testing a the real thing on the truss machine. will post pics of the testing if i manage to finish this.

4. Dec 7, 2007 #3

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Don't know about RISA, but you made a math error at joint B in calculating BG..otherwise, you're doing good...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?