Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Steam Tables For Apple Computers

1. Feb 18, 2010 #1
    I am a consulting engineer that frequently needs to determine the saturation temperature for various steam pressures. I use a mac computer. I have found many steam table calculator applications for PCs, but have been unable to find one that will run on the mac.

Can anyone point me to a downloadable steam table application for the mac? It need not be free, just compatible with the OSx operating system.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2010 #2

stewartcs

Science Advisor

Can you not use something like VMware Fusion to run one of the PC based programs?

CS

4. Feb 19, 2010 #3
    From the product description it looks like I could. If I understand what I read correctly, I would need 4 to 5 GB of free memory, the VMware application, a Windows operating system and the steam table application. My MacBook Pro only has 4 GB of memory, so this option is out if I am correct about the minimum requirements.

5. Feb 19, 2010 #4
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook