Steel ball launched at 45° with initial velocity 3.3 m/s

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
astru025
Messages
163
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



You now place the launcher on the floor and shoot a steel ball at an angle of 45°. If you had previously measured an initial velocity of 3.3 m/s for this launcher, then how far from the launcher do you expect the ball to hit the floor?

Homework Equations



I can't find any equations for this problem.

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using 45-45-90 angle method to figure out something but nothing has seemed to work. Any help/tips would be appreciated!,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Okay so I have X=3.3cos(45)t
This gets me to X=2.33t ... What do I do from hear?
 
How long does the steel ball stay in the air after launch?
 
hi astru025! :smile:

(just got up :zzz:)
astru025 said:
Okay so I have X=3.3cos(45)t
This gets me to X=2.33t ... What do I do from hear?

now do the same thing for the y direction,

then use the fact that it lands when y = 0 :wink: