STEM jobs most in demand now in the US and Canada

  • Topic: Other 
  • Thread starter Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Canada Jobs Stem
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
1,156
Hi everyone.

As all of you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a detrimental impact on the global economy, accompanied by significant job losses and rising number of those who are unemployed.

That being said, even in poor economic times, there are opportunities available. So I would pose to all of you this question:

Which STEM jobs are most in demand right now in the US and Canada?

Aside: I'm focusing on the US and Canada, as I live in Canada, and most people on PF are based in the US. But feel free to provide commentary on the demand for STEM careers elsewhere in the world as well.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I honestly think not a whole lot has changed in terms of what is considered high in demand, which has been software engineering and information technology. Just my thoughts regarding USA. Math should also be included but maybe not as a standalone thing.
 
Last edited: