Stewart or Swokosky for an introduction to Calculus?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
TitoSmooth
Messages
158
Reaction score
6
I am currently working from the Morris Kline: An Intuitive Approach to Calculus. I am beginning to understand why the math is done and what is happening throughout the problem. So far I am about to start the Chain Rule.

My school uses Stewart for all their Calculus series and I have read from multiple sources that it is a poor textbook. Sokowski: Calculus 6th edition was given to me by a teacher along with Hardy.

I will work on the Hardy and Apostol book after Calculus 2 to become better at proofs because I want to be a Mathematician.

Are Stewart and Sokowski both generally the same dumbed down books or is Sokowski a bit better?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Swokowski is a nice book .It is surely better than Stewart.