Stochastic differential of a particular martingale

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
steve1985
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,
I'm studying from Oksendal's book, and I'm stuck at an exercise which asks you to find the differential form of:

X(t) = (W(t)[itex]^{2}[/itex]-t)[itex]^{2}[/itex] - 4[itex]\int[/itex] (W(s))[itex]^{2}[/itex]ds
where W(t) is a Brownian Motion.

I tried several possible functions g(t,W(t)) which could have led to a potential solution (by finding d(g(t,W(t))) with Ito), but none led me any closer to a solution.

Can you please put me in the right direction?

thanks!
Steve

PS. I posted this in the wrong place, it should have been in "Homeworks and coursework questions", but I don't know how to move it...
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes Ito's formula only applies to the first term in the sum. For the second term, if the integral is from 0 to t, just apply the stochastic version of the fundamental law of calculus.