1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study abroad, where should i go?

  1. Jun 14, 2007 #1

    I am a student from Denmark who would like to spend one year studying abroad. I study physics, primarily the fields of solid state physics, quantum mechanics and semiconductor physics. I will be begin studies in electronic and optoelectronic applications next year as well.

    I would like to go to a university in England, and my question is where should I go? Which university do I choose if I want to do studies in the fields I mentioned above?

    If you know of a university outside of England I'd like to know about that as well. The primary reason for going to England is that I already speak english.

  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2007 #2


    User Avatar

    Bristol have a very forward thinking electronics group (in the Engineering faculty).
  4. Jun 14, 2007 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

    Uppsala in Sweden is good hehe
  5. Jun 14, 2007 #4
    You can try Université Joseph Fourier In Grenoble I in France, very good university, I'm applying over their to go for my master-2 degree.
    The downside is obviously the language, so if you know french , check the site: http://www.ujf-grenoble.fr/
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook