1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study Commerce/engineering to become an economist?

1. Jul 16, 2010 #1
    I want to start my dream goal from now because I realised that I have no motivation. The assignments, studying is just looking at me. I really want to always do it but I don't know why, I just feel like it's something pointless to go and study. When it's next to an exam I go crazy trying to study whatever I can. I've done this for two years and it really did drain my scores. I realised this now and want to motivate myself. I thought that the only way I can motivate myself is to want something. And to want something I need to know everything about it. I want to become an economist? Because I'm good in Maths and like the economy... Now that's not enough to motivate myself to keep studying.

What kind of a job can I get if I be an economist? I am in Tafe Year 11 (higher education). So I have to get good marks in Maths Methods etc.? If I make it to Uni. What must I then do? I heard that I have to study Commerce/engineering to become an economist? If I go good in Uni as well and become an "economist" what will be my pay from the start? And how will I keep growing to be a better economist? Is there like different sections? I heard that my pay will rise if I'm good at my job? Basically I want to know everything about being a (good) economist.. everything about it. Thank you..
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2010 #2

Homework Helper

Re: Economist?

With just a bachelor? You can get some jobs. A few interesting. However, Higher paying, and most interesting jobs go to PhD graduates in Economics.
  4. Jul 17, 2010 #3
    Re: Economist?

Thanks for the reply :)

If anyone else knows about this topic, please reply =) And is reading the economist magazine useful? :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook