Studying physics is better in France or German?

• Studying
  • Thread starter Mohamad&Issa
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello..
I want to kwon if studying physics in France is better than studying it in German.
And what universities are good to study it in.
Thanks

Answers and Replies

It depends on the university, your measure of "better" and some other parameters like money, admission standards, language skills and so on.

Go where you feel like your home, May be university teach you in English but also consider about surrounding languages. If you are not a native of either then choice is depended on University Departments.

I wonder if some languages have advantages over others as to describing physics. I'd think it would be a pain trying to remember which particles are male and which are female - or does it work that way?

I mean its better if he lives in his mother-tongue. Also OP type the language German not the country Germany.

Last edited:
Please name the Universities you are looking.(and there academic syllabus page link)

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Are you going to study Physics in France or study Physics in French?

Germany is basically where it all started in terms of modern physics but that's pretty much irrelevant. Go where you are comfortable with language.

I wonder if some languages have advantages over others as to describing physics. I'd think it would be a pain trying to remember which particles are male and which are female - or does it work that way?
In German, all particles and particle types are neutral, that is easy ;).

^
Haha!

---

If you are fluent in both German and French, and have in enough money to live in Switzerland, you can apply to ETH-Z and EPFL.

If you're going to Germany, Leipzig and Oldenburg have physics and engineering physics programs respectively. Both of which are taught in English.

In France, it's probably a better idea to go for a Classe Preparatoire Aux Grandes Ecoles. Alternatively going to a French uni, and then applying for Magistere after the second year is a fine option. That is based on what I've read and heard about the French educational system.