Sudden Heaviness in Chest: What Could It Mean [for Teens]?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter aim1732
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mean
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
aim1732
Messages
428
Reaction score
2
I am not sure where to post this.
If someone experiences a sudden heaviness in the chest with an increased heart rate and a feeling of uneasiness dizziness what can it mean? Note that there was no sort of any physical exertion it all starts suddenly and lasts for maybe 15 -20 minutes. Also that someone is in his teens.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
This happened yesterday and I feel normal now. Only reason I am worried is because I have never had this earlier, I have no sort of history so it feels strange. Plus I am just 17.
I realize it is not the right place to ask such questions but can it be serious? I know for sure what i experienced was real and have not felt anything like this before.
 
If I hadn't thought it might be serious, I wouldn't have advised going to a doctor. My advise remains the same even if you are feeling okay now.
 
Please do go to a doctor and let them decide if it is something worth checking into. I hope you feel better.