1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astronomy [Suggest] Feynman lectures on Physics

1. Apr 24, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone. I'm studying Mechanical engineering but I'm at Foreign language preparation class. My area is Space and aircraft. I'm studying Aircraft Deisgn (Daniel P. Raymer) and I think Ive to improve myself in physics area. I thought that Feynman lectures on physics can be good start. What is your suggestion? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2016 #2
    What physics do you already know?

4. Apr 25, 2016 #3
    Just high school level. I'm interesting with Aerodynamic (because aircraft)

5. Apr 25, 2016 #4
    You will need vector calculus to learn this. Start by learning calculus, then practice mechanics. You need to build the foundation first.

6. Apr 25, 2016 #5
    Ty for suggestion but Can't I learn this topics on feynman?

7. Apr 25, 2016 #6
    That's not how it works. First study calculus, then start doing college-level physics. Or at least, study it at the same time. If you want to have deep insights in physics you'll need mathematics.

8. Apr 25, 2016 #7
    Bro, essentially you are right. I mean I will exactly do what you said. But I thought that I can do it with one book. I can do this with feynman. I'm a hardworker and Im trusting myself. I can do it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted