• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

[Suggest] Feynman lectures on Physics

• Astronomy
  • Thread starter kdrdgn07
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello everyone. I'm studying Mechanical engineering but I'm at Foreign language preparation class. My area is Space and aircraft. I'm studying Aircraft Deisgn (Daniel P. Raymer) and I think Ive to improve myself in physics area. I thought that Feynman lectures on physics can be good start. What is your suggestion? Thank you.

Answers and Replies

What physics do you already know?

Just high school level. I'm interesting with Aerodynamic (because aircraft)

Just high school level. I'm interesting with Aerodynamic (because aircraft)
You will need vector calculus to learn this. Start by learning calculus, then practice mechanics. You need to build the foundation first.

You will need vector calculus to learn this. Start by learning calculus, then practice mechanics. You need to build the foundation first.
Ty for suggestion but Can't I learn this topics on feynman?

Ty for suggestion but Can't I learn this topics on feynman?
That's not how it works. First study calculus, then start doing college-level physics. Or at least, study it at the same time. If you want to have deep insights in physics you'll need mathematics.

That's not how it works. First study calculus, then start doing college-level physics. Or at least, study it at the same time. If you want to have deep insights in physics you'll need mathematics.
Bro, essentially you are right. I mean I will exactly do what you said. But I thought that I can do it with one book. I can do this with feynman. I'm a hardworker and Im trusting myself. I can do it.