Suggest New Forum on Environmental Engineering

• Thread starter joelupchurch
  • Start date
In summary: But still, it would be helpful to have a separate forum specifically for discussing renewable fuels, energy conservation, and other technologies related to climate change. There seems to be a reasonable demand for it, based on the number of recent threads on these topics in various forums.
joelupchurch
I would like to suggest a new forum to discuss topics like renewable fuels, energy conservation, energy production, electric cars and any other technology being developed in response to climate change.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show based on previous posting rate on PF that this topic has a reasonable demand to have its own forum.

Zz.

There are plenty of engineering sub forums to cover those areas.

Here are recent threads I found that might be suitable for an Environmental Engineering forum. Please note that many of these threads are in general forums or in some cases in rather inappropriate forums. I was rather surprised that electric cars were being discussed in Computing & Technology forum and the Politics & World Affairs. The algae thread is up to 400 posts in the Climate forum and most of it concerns making fuel from algae, which isn't really climate science.

Algae to the rescue
Paint your roof white to reduce global warming
About Windmill Energy
Cow dung to power more Dutch homes
A Future Energy Alternative?
eletricity versus oil energy
Running a Car on Hydrogen Made from Water
Solar Future?
Methane as a fuel source
Charge electric car from dryer plug?
Fuel saving thread
Forget electric cars, what about try to design photonic cars?
Yes, cars can run on water
Electric vehicles to pay for detroit bailout?
Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS)
Chevy Volt's "230 mpg"?
Hybrid rebates give scant improvements
energy storage alternative?
Why water turbine have higher efficiency then steam turbine?
Biofuel Blend Limits
The difference between glucose sensor & glucose based biofuel cell
Heating water with a wind turbine
add a wind turbine to a car?
Wind turbine Project
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
Alternator for Low Wind Speed Wind Turbine.
Confused about Vertical Windmills
Ways a Car can be More Efficient?
Windmill power generation problem
Generator types in wind turbines
Design of Photovoltaic pumping system
Brayton cycle solar generation.
Can Artificial Photosynthesis be a Fossil Fuel Alternative?
Solar hot water system
How to cash in on the renewable energy boom​

joelupchurch said:
Here are recent threads I found that might be suitable for an Environmental Engineering forum. Please note that many of these threads are in general forums or in some cases in rather inappropriate forums. I was rather surprised that electric cars were being discussed in Computing & Technology forum and the Politics & World Affairs. The algae thread is up to 400 posts in the Climate forum and most of it concerns making fuel from algae, which isn't really climate science.
The algae thread was a member that was considering making biofuel from algae.

Evo said:
The algae thread was a member that was considering making biofuel from algae.

I know, I've posted in that thread. It would be nice to be able to discuss raising algae without the climate forum restrictions.

We don't have a Climate forum. We have an Earth [science] forum which happens to be dominated by arguments about global warming. :rolleyes:

jtbell said:
We don't have a Climate forum. We have an Earth [science] forum which happens to be dominated by arguments about global warming. :rolleyes:

Sorry, my mistake. I meant the Earth forum.

1. What is the purpose of creating a new forum on environmental engineering?

The purpose of creating a new forum on environmental engineering is to provide a platform for scientists, engineers, and other professionals to discuss and exchange ideas on current and emerging issues in the field of environmental engineering. This forum will serve as a space for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and problem-solving to promote sustainable practices and solutions for environmental challenges.

2. Who can participate in the forum?

The forum is open to anyone with an interest in environmental engineering, including scientists, engineers, policymakers, students, and the general public. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and expertise to join and contribute to the discussions.

3. What topics will be discussed in the forum?

The forum will cover a wide range of topics related to environmental engineering, including but not limited to air and water pollution control, waste management, renewable energy, climate change, sustainable development, and environmental policy. Members are also welcome to suggest and initiate discussions on new and relevant topics.

4. How can I suggest a new topic or start a discussion in the forum?

To suggest a new topic or start a discussion, you can simply post a new thread in the forum or comment on an existing thread. Please make sure your topic is relevant to environmental engineering and follow the forum guidelines for respectful and productive discussions.

5. How will the forum benefit me as a participant?

As a participant in the forum, you will have the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other professionals in the field of environmental engineering, stay updated on the latest advancements and challenges, and contribute to finding sustainable solutions for environmental issues. Additionally, the forum can also serve as a platform for networking and professional development.