Suggestion for any physics , maths and chemistry book .

In summary, for someone in 10th grade looking for books on physics, math, and chemistry that explain concepts from the basics to advanced levels, there are several recommended resources. One option is to check out the website hbpms.blogspot.com, which has a list of books that are useful for engineering entrance exams. Another suggestion is to look into books by Serge Lang, such as his geometry book, which are known for their good theoretical concepts. Spivak's calculus book is also highly recommended. Additionally, the book by Griffiths is also a good option.
sankalpmittal
Hii , I am in class 10th and please suggest physics , maths , and chemistry books which explains the concepts from sheer basics to the higher level ie good theoretical concepts and at the same time trick for enhancing numerical solving ability .

Thanks in advance .

:)

Additional requirements : good for engineering entrance exams .

Physics news on Phys.org
micromass said:
Here is a site http://hbpms.blogspot.com/2008/05/stage-1-elementary-stuff.html with good books. Books by Serge Lang (like his geometry book) are also quite good.
And Spivak's calculus is certainly a must.

Thanks a lot , micromass . I will have a look at them soon .:smile:

I like Griffiths stuff.

Hello! I would highly recommend the following books for physics, maths, and chemistry that cover both theoretical concepts and numerical problem-solving techniques:

1. "Concepts of Physics" by HC Verma - This book is highly recommended for its clear and concise explanations of fundamental concepts in physics, as well as challenging numerical problems that will help enhance your problem-solving skills.

2. "Mathematics for Class 10" by RD Sharma - This book covers all topics in mathematics with a strong focus on building a strong foundation of concepts. It also includes a variety of practice problems to help improve your problem-solving abilities.

3. "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore L. Brown, H. Eugene LeMay Jr., and Bruce E. Bursten - This book is a comprehensive guide to understanding the principles of chemistry. It includes in-depth explanations of concepts and a wide range of numerical problems to help you prepare for engineering entrance exams.

Additionally, I would also suggest practicing previous years' entrance exam papers to get a better understanding of the type of questions asked and to improve your time management skills. Good luck with your studies!

1. What are the best books for learning physics, maths, and chemistry?

The best books for learning physics, maths, and chemistry can vary depending on your personal learning style and goals. However, some popular and highly recommended books for these subjects are "Concepts of Physics" by HC Verma, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, "Calculus" by James Stewart, and "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore L. Brown. It is also important to consult with your teacher or professor for their recommendations.

2. Are there any books that cover all three subjects together?

Yes, there are books that cover all three subjects together, such as "Physical Chemistry" by Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula, "Mathematical Methods for Physicists" by George B. Arfken and Hans J. Weber, and "Mathematics for Physical Chemistry" by Robert G. Mortimer. These books are often used in university courses and cover the necessary topics in all three subjects.

3. I am a beginner in these subjects, what books do you recommend for beginners?

For beginners, it is important to start with a solid foundation and understanding of the basics. Some good books for beginners in physics, maths, and chemistry are "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, "Basic Mathematics for Economists" by Mike Rosser, and "General Chemistry" by Linus Pauling. These books provide a clear and easy-to-understand introduction to the subjects.

4. Are there any online resources or ebooks available for these subjects?

Yes, there are many online resources and ebooks available for physics, maths, and chemistry. Some popular options are Khan Academy, Coursera, and OpenStax. These resources offer free or low-cost access to textbooks, lecture notes, practice problems, and video lessons. Additionally, many publishers offer ebooks of their textbooks for purchase or rent.

5. How do I choose the right book for my level and needs?

Choosing the right book for your level and needs can be a personal decision. It is important to consider your current knowledge and understanding of the subject, as well as your learning style and goals. You can also ask for recommendations from your teacher or professor, or read reviews from other students to get an idea of the level and depth of the book. It may also be helpful to preview the book before purchasing to see if it aligns with your needs.