1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestions for books of Electrodynamics.

1. Oct 2, 2011 #1
    Hi, I am taking my advanced electrodynamics undergraduate course, and I am following Electromagnetic Theory of Reitz-Milford. The thing is that I want to find books for electrodynamics, that don't take me out of Reitz context but that they are similar. I just want to have more references without be out of context.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2011 #2
    At least in the US the most common undergrad book is Griffiths, and Jackson at the grad level. I'm sure there are others out there, but these are the two I've used and seems many others have as well.

4. Oct 2, 2011 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Griffiths E&M is a great addition to a technical library, and is a great resource to have when you're studying for quals or working through Jackson in grad school and need a less technical refresher on some topics.

5. Oct 2, 2011 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Oct 2, 2011 #5
    Thanks for the reference, about this books it is what I am talking about, I would like to have different references besides the commonly used books, thanks for the people that suggested me Griffiths and Jackson I think they are pretty good books but I want to read something different. I would like to keep receiving more references like these. The book seems pretty nice, I haven't read it carefully, but it seems nice, a little out of context of my course(advanced undergraduate course) but still being good.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook