Sum Math Problem: Find Condition for Finite Sum of Positive Real Numbers

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mercedesbenz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
mercedesbenz
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Let [tex]u_n[/tex] be a sequence of positive real number.
If [tex]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}u_n^{2}[/tex] finite + (condition??) then [tex]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}u_n[/tex] finite.
I want to find the condition.Please help me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mercedesbenz said:
Let [tex]u_n[/tex] be a sequence of positive real number.
If [tex]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}u_n^{2}[/tex] finite + (condition??) then [tex]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}u_n[/tex] finite.
I want to find the condition.Please help me.

IIRC, then there is a theorem like this:

Given the sequence of positive real number (un)

The series [tex]\sum_{n = 1} ^ {\infty} u_n[/tex] converge, if and only if [tex]\lim_{n \rightarrow \infty}(u_n \times n ) = 0[/tex].

Let's see if you can prove this theorem. :)

Now, using the above theorem, can you try to work out the problem? :)
 
thank you so much for your advice,VietDao29.I will try to do it again.