Supersonic gas from a star creates a radial shock front moving away from the star. In front of the shock front the gas is compressed and heated. Behind the front is the hot expanding gas from the star.
MHD (magnetic field) is also important in accelerating charged matter in a shock and therefore further heating the gas.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving