jenuine Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Oct 23, 2009 #1 Homework Statement Does the surface level of a curve influence the tangent plane of that curve? If so, how do I find the tangent plane specific to that level?
Homework Statement Does the surface level of a curve influence the tangent plane of that curve? If so, how do I find the tangent plane specific to that level?
Mark44 Mentor Insights Author Messages 38,152 Reaction score 10,759 Oct 24, 2009 #2 What do you mean, "surface level of a curve"?
jenuine Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Oct 24, 2009 #3 Well for instance f(x,y,z)=xy+xz+xyz. Then the level surface f=10 would be xy+xz+xyz=10. I am just wondering whether this level surface will influence the equation of the tangent plane. If so, how do I find it with respect to that level surface.
Well for instance f(x,y,z)=xy+xz+xyz. Then the level surface f=10 would be xy+xz+xyz=10. I am just wondering whether this level surface will influence the equation of the tangent plane. If so, how do I find it with respect to that level surface.