Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Swedish moose drunkard caught by apple tree!

1. Sep 7, 2011 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

In its excited, and ever more inebriated hunt after fermented apples, this Swedish moose finally came to rest within the branches of a particularly inviting tree.

Helped out, it fell into a stupor for some time, but then got up and staggered back home into the woods..
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/09/07/nyheter/dyrenes_nyheter/dyr/elg/jakt/18009987/

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Those were some good apples!

4. Sep 7, 2011 #3
    "Hi thar oppisters. Ice canna efplane everinthin. Iwaz looken fer my antwers wen thes heer tree snuk up undurr me."

I hope it has a clean record.

I didn't know you guys have moose.

5. Sep 7, 2011 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

"You guys??"

I'm NOT a Swede, I never want to be a Swede, I loathe the very idea of Swedishness.

And, WE have moose of our own, and they are not as stupid as the Swedish variety.

6. Sep 7, 2011 #5

turbo

Gold Member

We have those big-nose elks in Maine, and they have gotten a LOT smarter since limited hunting has been permitted.

7. Sep 7, 2011 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

8. Sep 7, 2011 #7
    I meant the region; Scandinavia.

9. Sep 7, 2011 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

They don't have moose on Iceland.

10. Sep 7, 2011 #9

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

These should make you feel better.

Swedish party game: One Swede hides in a box. The other Swedes guess which one is hiding.

While marching through the countryside, the Swedish army came upon a lone Norwegian at the top of a hill. The Norwegian shouted "Swedish army, I'll take you all on!" The commander told Sven to go get rid of that dumb Norwegian. The Norwegian went behind the hill and Sven followed. After a bit of dust flew, the Norwegian reappeared at the top of the hill: "Swedish army, I'll take you all on!". This time the commander sent two soldiers to dispatch that dumb Norwegian. Dust flew, dirt flew, rocks flew, but still the Norwegian reappeared at the top of the hill: "Swedish army, I'll take you all on!". The commander, getting POed, sent an entire squad to dispatch that dumb Norwegian. Dirt flew, rocks flew, but still the Norwegian reappeared at the top of the hill: "Swedish army, I'll take you all on!". The commander, really POed now, told everyone to go take care of that dumb Norwegian. Dirt flew, rocks flew, even trees flew. Finally, one Swede straggled back and told the commander, "He cheated! There's two of them!"

11. Sep 7, 2011 #10

jtbell

A group of diplomats were flying to a conference, in a small plane over the North Sea. The pilot announced: "I'm sorry, gentlemen, we're running low on fuel. One of you will have to jump out so the rest of us can make it to shore."

The British diplomat stood up, intoned "God save the Queen!" and jumped out the emergency hatch.

A bit later, the pilot announced, "Uh-oh, it looks like we need to shed some more weight..."

The Russian diplomat stood up, intoned "Long live Comrade Gorbachev!" and jumped out the hatch.

Still later, the pilot made another similar request.

The American diplomat stood up, intoned "Long live President Reagan!" and jumped out the hatch.

Finally, the pilot made one last request.

By now only the Nordic diplomats were left. The Dane, Norwegian, Finn and Icelander stood up, intoned "Long live Nordic cooperation!", picked up the Swede and threw him out the hatch.

12. Sep 9, 2011 #11
    Swedish moose. It's a distant cousin of Welsh rabbit.

13. Sep 10, 2011 #12

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

For more on that (original) story here is a video clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoSJlmhfLlw

If embedding does not work, here is the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoSJlmhfLlw"..
    (that fellow's apple tree will look odd for awhile).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  14. Sep 10, 2011 #13

Evo

Poor moose. Poor tree.

There were no winners in this sad story. :frown:

15. Sep 10, 2011 #14
  16. Sep 10, 2011 #15
    My friend has a cottage up in northern Quebec and it's a regular occurrence that he witnesses deers passed out from eating semi-fermented apples in his back yard!

17. Sep 10, 2011 #16

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

18. Sep 10, 2011 #17

Evo

Not meaning to hijack the meese, but a cute video on drunk animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5E5TjkDvU0

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  19. Sep 10, 2011 #18

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook