Table needed. Chemists help please

In summary, the individual is seeking help with finding a table of distances between molecules for their research on Metals Work functions. They have searched online but have not been successful and are now asking for a book, reference, or website to help them. They also ask for an example of finding the nearest distance between two molecules of specific metals. The expert suggests using crystallographic data to calculate the nearest-neighbor spacing and provides a Wikipedia link for more information.
Kiarash
Hi everyone!

I am researching on Metals Work functions, and I need a table of distances between molecules! I searched on the web almost a week, but I didn't found at least A table. Please help me! If it is in a book, tell me the name of the book, or tell me where can I find it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Kiarash said:
Hi everyone!

I am researching on Metals Work functions, and I need a TABLE OF DISTANCE BETWEEN MOLECULES! I searched on the web almost a week, but I didn't found at least A table. PLEASE HELP ME! If it is in a book, tell me the name of the book, or tell me where can I find it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

You can use the crystallographic data for the metals (unit cell size) to calculate the nearest-neighbor spacing.

Quantum Defect said:
You can use the crystallographic data for the metals (unit cell size) to calculate the nearest-neighbor spacing.
Thank you for your answer!
I still have a problem. Do you know a book, reference, or website for looking up? Or else, could you please make an example? For instance, for Aluminum, Iron, or Copper; how can I found a nearest distance between two molecules of them?
Thanks for your patient!

Kiarash said:
Thank you for your answer!
I still have a problem. Do you know a book, reference, or website for looking up? Or else, could you please make an example? For instance, for Aluminum, Iron, or Copper; how can I found a nearest distance between two molecules of them?
Thanks for your patient!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_table_(crystal_structure )

Last edited by a moderator:
I really appreciate! That works. Good luck.

1. How do I create a table in chemistry?

To create a table in chemistry, you can use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Open a new document and enter your data into the cells. You can then format the table by adjusting the column widths, borders, and adding titles or labels.

2. What information should be included in a chemistry table?

A chemistry table should include the names of the substances or chemicals being studied, their chemical formulas, and any relevant data such as melting point, boiling point, density, or reactivity. It is important to include units of measurement for each data point.

3. How do I organize a table in chemistry?

A common way to organize a table in chemistry is by arranging the data in rows and columns. The rows typically represent different substances or compounds, while the columns represent different properties or data points. You can also use color-coding or symbols to group similar substances or data.

4. Can I use abbreviations in a chemistry table?

Yes, you can use abbreviations in a chemistry table as long as they are commonly accepted and understood in the scientific community. It is important to define any abbreviations used in a key or legend at the top or bottom of the table.

5. How can I make my chemistry table more visually appealing?

To make your chemistry table more visually appealing, you can use different font styles and sizes, add color to highlight important data, and use borders or shading to separate different sections. You can also include graphs or charts to present the data in a different format.