Teacher Distributes Sex Tape of Herself

  • Thread starter Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Teacher
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
61 replies · 10K views
lisab said:
Upon reflection, I have to admit my strong reaction is really directed more at exposing young girls to porn.

I believe you have completely shifted the discussion here. While it started with accidental release of private x-files, nobody told about exposing children to proffessionally shot porn. We were (or at least I was) mainly talking whether kids seeing their parents (or, in the society that is not closed between four walls as we are, other tribe members) during sex are in danger - or not. And the only danger I can see here is when kid (regardless of sex) sees it and knows (because of the cultural prejudice already implanted) that it sees people doing bad things. At this moment world starts to be inconsistent, and that's a sure way of confusing the kid. Kind of double bind if you know the term.

Funny thing - intuition tells me that kid seeing now and then their parents during sex will treat it as a natural thing, and it will be much earlier able to understand - when seeing porn - that that is not a real thing. Kids understand the difference between the real life and fairy tales in kindergarten, teenagers should be able to do so as well :wink:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Most kids at an early age understand that their parents have sex. I don't remember knowing everything that was involved in a sexual relationship at that age, but I understood how it works physically. If a child, or an adult for that matter, is exposed to pornography without an understanding of the relationship aspect of intercourse then I think it is very possible it will negatively impact their ability to form meaningful relationships.

Sex shouldn't be treated as an activity that is shameful or degrading. I'm sure there will be, at the minimum, a few parents that receive that sex tape that will be incensed at this teacher. Even if the child did see it I think that's an over-reaction. 5th graders already know what sex is. They're at an age where they are starting to be curious about it. This might be as good a time as any to have a talk with them about the importance of healthy relationships. A rational approach is called for in this situation, not an emotional one that will just confuse the child's views on sex even further by making them feel ashamed of their bodies. (or disrespectful towards their teacher)

Oh, you know that teacher is going to get razzed! Kids don't wield their ruthlessness like adults do. I hope she is prepared to wield her authority as an adult in equal proportion. They'll jump all over her if she let's herself be ashamed. I really do hope she gets to keep her job because this seems to be an obvious mistake and not a subversive act. I'll be sincerely upset if this causes her serious misfortune. I got to laugh at the thought of her being teased and embarrassed though. That's priceless.