Teaching Physics to New Students: Book Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark Metz
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 810 views
Mark Metz
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi! new physics teacher here but old dog educator. I have been a chemistry and physical science teacher for decades but they want me to teach physics now. I am in a small school in North Dakota and will have four students in the class next year. I have been here two years after retiring from another state. Two years ago they took an online physical science class and from what I can figure out they learned very little to use for background. So I am looking for an easier physics book that can introduce them to physics and somewhat bring them up to speed. Any suggestions for a book or program that would be most helpful to them? Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Intro section is just for intro. You should post your question in the Academic Guidance forum. Welcome to PF